uses Planning Center Give and Stripe payment gateway to process payments.
Text-to-Give Donor Setup Process
- Send an amount (example: $5 or $1.00) to the “84321″. This will automatically be sent to the General tithes and offering account.
- Select your church. A list of churches in the area will be suggested. If your phone number is recognized by Planning Center Giving, the appropriate church will be listed as a “Suggested” organization.
- Enter your email address and, if prompted, your name.
- Enter the payment method you’d like to use for text-to-give.
- Complete your initial setup donation. The initial donation, in most cases, will go to the default fund (usually the “General” fund). However, donations can be directed to more specific funds using keywords (more on that below).
Once You have completed the initial setup of your account you will be able to give to a specific account. (Listed Below)
(example: $5 or $5.00 to missions ) to the “84321″
Missions Fund – type missions
Convoy of Hope Fund – type convoy
Benevolence Fund – type help
A tithe means 10%. In the Bible, God instructs us to tithe, or give 10% of our gross income, to the church. What’s unique about tithing, is that does more for us than it does for God. Also, it’s the only way in which God says we can test him.
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. (Malachi 3:10 NIV)
At the end of the day, God wants us to be in control of our money – not the other way around. God knows how easily money can control us, because at it’s roots, tithing is about our heart, not our money.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:11 NIV)
Simply put, God wants our first and our best. When you give your first and best to God, the rest is blessed.
Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine. (Proverbs 3:9, 10 NIV)
An offering is any gift or contribution above and beyond your tithe. No matter the amount, God will use it to advance His Kingdom. From missions to benevolence to debt reduction, you can give an offering that will sow into the Kingdom.
We are told in scripture to pray and provide support to those who give of themselves in taking the gospel to various parts of the earth. Paul asked the church to pray “that the word of the Lord may run swiftly and be glorified…and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for not all have faith. (II Thessalonians 3:3). Paul thanked the Philippian church for their contribution to his care (Philippians 4:10-18). Full-time missionaries depend on prayer, encouragement and financial support to meet spiritual, emotional and physical needs, so that they can give themselves fully to the work of spreading the gospel. This is our way of extending the gospel to the ends of the Earth.
At Life Chapel we support missionaries all over the world and in the U.S.